- 2019Michael T. Freehill, MDUma Srikumaran, MD
- 2017Grant E. Garrigues, MDAnshuman Singh, MD
- 2015Bassem T. Elhassan, MDThomas (Quin) Throckmorton, MD
- 2013Robert Z. Tashjian, MDRyan T. Bicknell, MD
- 2011Jay D. Keener, MDGeorge S. Athwal, MD, FRCSC
- 2009Joseph A. Abboud, MDApril D. Armstrong, MD
- 2007Leesa M. Galatz, MDJohn W. Sperling, MD, MBA
- 2005Scott P. Steinmann, MDSumant G. Krishnan, MD
- 2003Patrick St. Pierre, MDWilliam N. Levine, MD
- 2001Edward G. McFarland, MDMichael L. Pearl, MD
- 1999Steve A. Petersen, MDShawn W. O’Driscoll, PhD, MD
- 1997Gerald R. Williams, Jr., MDRoger G. Pollock, MD
- 1995Michael A. Wirth, MDDouglas T. Harryman, II, MD
- 1993Evan L. Flatow, MDJon J.P. Warner, MD
Traveling Fellows by Year
The Exchange (Traveling) Fellowship Program was established in 1993. The goals of this program are:
- To provide maximum exposure to the major shoulder and elbow centers in the US and in Europe
- To facilitate learning and best clinical practices in shoulder and elbow patient care
- To enhance surgical skills and competencies among international surgeons
ASES 2019 Exchange Fellowship Program
The three to four week European exchange fellowship will begin in the fall of 2019. Applicants must be no more than 10 years out of their fellowship as of December 31, 2018, practicing in the United States or Canada, board eligible or certified orthopaedic surgeons with a special interest and experience in shoulder and elbow research and patient care. Applications can be found below.
- Exchange Fellowship Application (PDF to download and print)
- Exchange Fellowship Application (PDF to complete electronically)
Applications are due to the ASES office on Monday, October 1. 2018 (Extended Deadline).
2019 Traveling Fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Eligibility for an ASES Research Grant.
- Receive a small stipend after your travels.
- After your traveling fellowship is complete, submission a testimonial to the ASES office which will be included on the ASES website as well as communicated through the monthly newsletter to members.
Please contact the ASES office at (847) 698-1629 with any questions.