- Must be a current Associate member of ASES
- Must be a fellow of the AAOS or Active Membership in Canadian Orthopaedic Society and/or Board (AAOS/RCPS/AOA)
- Must have a current practice whose major focus is shoulder and/or elbow surgery as described in your personal statement.
- Must have attended 50% (or more) ASES Annual Meetings and Specialty Day Meetings while an Associate member
- Must be a JSES Reviewer
- Should have served (or attempted to serve) on an ASES committee within the past 3 years. If you have applied to serve, but have not been selected please note this in your personal statement
Applicants must be sponsored by two (2) current Active Members of ASES
- ASES Application
- Personal Statement
- Shoulder & Elbow CV with scoring
- Two (2) current Active Member ASES Sponsors
Applicants may apply for Active Membership at any time once they achieve Associate status.
- Active members should attend 50% (or more) ASES Annual Meetings and Specialty Day Meetings over each three (3) year period to maintain active membership. This requirement is waived after fifteen (15) years of being a member in good-standing.
- Active members are highly encouraged to submit an abstract for presentation at the Annual Meeting at least once over each three (3) year period.
- Active members must be a reviewer for the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
- If not a reviewer, please contact the editor-in-chief of the journal Dr. Mallon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unique Membership Benefits
- Active members are the only member category that with voting rights.
- You must be an Active member to serve on the ASES Executive Committee