Applications who would otherwise be considered for Active or Associate Membership, but who reside outside the United States or Canada, are eligible for Corresponding Membership.
- Corresponding Members should be a member of the major specialty society established in the Corresponding Member’s home country (if one exists)
- ASES-sponsored Traveling Fellows from outside the US or Canada will automatically become Corresponding Members upon completion of their traveling fellowship
- Applicant should have completed advanced training in shoulder and/or elbow surgery
- Substantial portion of Clinical Practice involves Shoulder and Elbow.
- Previous attendance at ASES Open Meeting/Specialty Day.
- A candidate for Corresponding Member that has not attended any ASES Open Symposia/Specialty Day Meetings prior to applying for the membership status may obtain a provisional status of Corresponding Member for a period of three (3) years, under the condition that they register and actively participates in at least one (1) society’s annual meeting during the 3-year period.
Applicants must be sponsored by two current ASES members. Sponsors must be current Active or Corresponding ASES Members.
- ASES Application
- Personal Statement
- Shoulder and Elbow CV (no points required)
- Two current ASES sponsors (either Active Members or Corresponding Members)
Please contact the ASES office for details regarding the Corresponding Membership application.
- Corresponding Members should attend at least one (1) ASES-sponsored meeting every three (3) years
- Corresponding Members should volunteer to review for JSES.
- If not a reviewer, please contact the editor-in-chief of the journal Dr. Mallon at email@example.com