The Exchange (Traveling) Fellowship Program was established in 1993. The goals of this program are:
- To provide maximum exposure to the major shoulder and elbow centers in the US and Asia
- To facilitate learning and best clinical practices in shoulder and elbow patient care
- To enhance surgical skills and competencies among international surgeons
ASES 2024 Exchange Fellowship Program
The three to four week Asian exchange fellowship with our partner organizations in China, Japan and South Korea will begin in the fall of 2024. Applicants must be no more than 10 years out of their fellowship as of December 31, 2023, practicing in the United States or Canada, board eligible or certified orthopaedic surgeons with a special interest and experience in shoulder and elbow research and patient care. The application deadline is November 30th, 2023.
2022 Traveling Fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Eligibility for an ASES Research Grant.
- All travel and hotel expenses will be covered and fellows will receive a small stipend after travel has been completed.
- After your traveling fellowship is complete, submit a testimonial to the ASES office which will be included on the ASES website as well as communicated through the monthly newsletter to members.
Please contact the ASES office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (847) 698-1629 with any questions.