ASES News -December 2021
Thank You for Attending the ASES 2021 Annual Meeting!
2022 Membership Application Cycle
- Complete membership application via the link below.
- Reach out to potential sponsors and ask them to complete the sponsorship form on your behalf.
- You will receive a confirmation email from ASES staff once we have received all of your materials, including sponsor forms.
- The Membership Committee begins the review process once the application period closes.
- Applicants will be notified of the results by late June/early July 2022.
ASES seeks an Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
Mark Your Calendars
- Saturday, February 12th, 2022
- JW Marriott, Tampa, Florida
- For more information visit: https://foreonline.org/event/tampashoulder22/
- Friday, June 17, 2022
- Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego, California
- Must be a fellow and submit an abstract for presentation in order to attend; The abstract portal for this Symposium will open in late January and remain open through March 1st, 2022
- October 7-9, 2022
- Location: Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Atlanta Georgia
- The abstract portal for the 2022 Annual Meeting will open on March 15th and remain open through May 15th, 2022.
- November 10-11, 2022
- Location: OLC, Rosemont, Illinois
Download the New ASES Mobile App Today!
- Access all the content that is on the ASES website including the Members Only section in a mobile friendly format
- Pay membership dues
- View and track all upcoming ASES events
- Chat with other ASES members
- Easily view all our media content including the ASES Podcast, Fellows Core Curriculum Series and Virtual Journal Club
- Access to the Neer Circle Consensus Tool on Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tears
- And much more
Upcoming Grant Opportunities
Apply today for the Mark Frankle Health Care Policy Award
- Applicants must be Fellow/ Candidate/Associate members in good standing
- Award applications will be reviewed based upon:
- Willingness to lead ASES in areas of access to health care in communities
- Desire to improve ASES’ knowledge of the delivery of care
- Two (2) awardees will be selected in March 2021
- Fellowship in AAOS Washington DC office (up to 14 days, non-consecutive optional)
- $12,500 for fellowship expenses
- Opportunity to present findings at the annual ASES meeting in October 2021 in Tampa
- Exposure to Health Policy including Capitol Hill visits, AAOS Office of Government Relations, AAOS National Orthopaedic Conference (NOLC), AAOS Board of Specialty Societies (BOS) and Board of Councilors (BOC) Session
- Participation with the ASES Political Advocacy Committee
- Two (2) ASES Representatives (Residents approved for Shoulder & Elbow Fellowship/Fellow/Candidate/Associate Members in good standing)
- Selection of applicants will be based on a willingness to lead ASES in areas of health care policy with a focus on advocating for improved access to high quality shoulder and elbow healthcare.
- Applicants will also promote and advance the membership’s understanding of the importance of health care policy for our patients through presentations at the ASES Annual Meeting focusing on their efforts and accomplishments through the fellowship.
Young Scholars Memorial Fellowship Award
Stay Informed on ASES Activities!
Top Articles from the JSES Family of Journals in 2021
Shoulder and Elbow Career Opportunities
Advertise on the ASES Website
Celebrate Ernest Amory Codman, MD and Help Support the ASES Foundation
ASES Podcast – Episode #46
In this episode of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Podcast, hosts Dr. Rachel Frank and Dr. Peter Chalmers interview Drs. David Martin and April Armstrong on their roles with the ABOS.
Research Webinar Series – Coming Soon!
- Improving Clinical Research in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery – Thursday, March 10th, 2022
- Panelists: Drs. Joseph Iannotti, Peter Lapner and Jonathan Levy
- Improving Basic Research in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery – Thursday, June 23rd, 2022
- Panelists: Drs. Mark Frankle, James Johnson and Scott Rodeo
- How to Get Involved or Initiate Multicenter Research – Thursday, October 27th, 2022
- Panelists: Drs. Andrew Jawa, Jed Kuhn and Eric Ricchetti