ASES News – January 2022
ASES 2021 Annual Meeting Highlights
Thank you to all that were able to attend the ASES Annual Meeting in Tampa, FL this past December! Despite having to push the program forward two months, ASES members, industry partners, and special guests showed up in numbers beyond our expectations to celebrate our being back together in person after a one-year lapse! With an amazing scientific program, a sold-out exhibit hall and a number of special networking events, we are very pleased with the outcome of the 2021 Annual Meeting, and we look forward to continuing to provide quality educational content to our members and guests through future ASES meetings and courses!
With Nine Paper Sessions, Five Symposia and many Featured Speaker and Invited Lecture sessions there was something on the agenda for everyone in our well attended General Session.
ASES President Dr. Mark Frankle receiving his President’s Award andASES President Dr. Xavier Duralde receiving the gavel during the Presidential Address and Gavel Passing on Thursday, December 16th.
Attendees were able to reconnect at the President’s/New Member Reception, Thursday Member Reception and Dinner, All-Show Luncheon and our new Wine, Cheese and Posters Exhibit Hall Reception.
Our named lecturers, Neer Lecturer Dr. Robert Cofield, Morrey Lecturer Dr. Bernard Morrey and Codman Lecturer Dr. Luc Favard shared their insights with a captivated audience
Attendees spent a lot of time in our sold out Exhibit Hall visiting our Industry Partners, viewing our selected Scientific Posters and enjoying breakfast and breaks daily.
We are pleased to announce that the ASES One Day Fracture Course: Proximal Humerus Fractures – From Repair to Reverse is now being held as a part of the 28th Annual Tampa Shoulder Course, taking place February 10-12, 2022 at the JW Marriott in Tampa, Florida.
ASES Foundation’s National Shoulder and Elbow Week “LIFT UP” – Tampa, FL
Join us for ASES Specialty Day:
Saturday, March 26th in Chicago!
The ASES 2022 Specialty Day Meeting is taking place on Saturday, March 26th at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Our program co-chairs, Randy Otto, MD, and Matthew Teusink, MD, and the 2022 Specialty Day Program Committee have developed a great program and we hope that you will join us!
If you have not yet registered, and you are planning to attend, please visit the AAOS website to secure your spot!
Young Scholars Memorial Fellowship Award
ASES seeks an Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
Upcoming Grant Opportunities
Mark Your Calendars
- Saturday, February 12th, 2022
- JW Marriott, Tampa, Florida
- For more information visit: https://foreonline.org/event/tampashoulder22/
- Friday, June 17, 2022
- Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego, California
- Must be a fellow and submit an abstract for presentation in order to attend; The abstract portal for this Symposium will open in late January and remain open through March 1st, 2022
- October 7-9, 2022
- Location: Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Atlanta Georgia
- The abstract portal for the 2022 Annual Meeting will open on March 15th and remain open through May 15th, 2022.
- November 10-11, 2022
- Location: OLC, Rosemont, Illinois
Download the New ASES Mobile App Today!
- Access all the content that is on the ASES website including the Members Only section in a mobile friendly format
- Pay membership dues
- View and track all upcoming ASES events
- Chat with other ASES members
- Easily view all our media content including the ASES Podcast, Fellows Core Curriculum Series and Virtual Journal Club
- Access to the Neer Circle Consensus Tool on Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tears
- And much more
Stay Informed on ASES Activities!
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 4th, 2022
Top Articles from the JSES Family of Journals in 2021
Shoulder and Elbow Career Opportunities
Advertise on the ASES Website
Celebrate Ernest Amory Codman, MD and Help Support the ASES Foundation
ASES Podcast – Episode #47
In this episode of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Podcast, hosts Dr. Rachel Frank and Dr. Peter Chalmers interview Drs. Jed Kuhn and Peter MacDonald on clinical research.
Research Webinar Series – Coming Soon!
- Improving Clinical Research in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery – Thursday, March 10th, 2022
- Panelists: Drs. Joseph Iannotti, Peter Lapner and Jonathan Levy
- Improving Basic Research in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery – Thursday, June 23rd, 2022
- Panelists: Drs. Mark Frankle, James Johnson and Scott Rodeo
- How to Get Involved or Initiate Multicenter Research – Thursday, October 27th, 2022
- Panelists: Drs. Andrew Jawa, Jed Kuhn and Eric Ricchetti
2022 Clinician Scholar Career Development Program
Join us for the inaugural Shoulder360TM Course, April 28-30, 2022, at the Loews Hotel in South Beach Miami. This is a conference you don’t want to miss! Hear from over 40 nationally & international renowned faculty. Visit www.shoulder360.org to register, review conference program, and much more information.