ASES News – May 2021
2021 Fellows’ Symposium: A Virtual Event
Saturday, June 19th, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (EST)
Course Co-Chairs: Robert Hartzler, M.D. and Albert Lin, M.D.
Registration is now open for the
2021 ASES Annual Fellows’ Symposium: A Virtual Event!
Make Your Hotel Reservations Now for the 2021 Annual Meeting!
New ASES Membership Database
Make sure to set up your account!
Registration Is Now Open!
2021 AANA/ASES Specialty Session
September 3 | San Diego, California During the AAOS Annual Meeting
Course Co-Chairs: Brian R. Waterman, M.D., FAANA, Heinz R. Hoenecke Jr., M.D.
Look forward to engaging session talks such as:
- The Lost Art of Arthroscopic & Open Bankart Repair Matthew T. Provencher, M.D., FAANA
- To Fill? My Indications for Remplissage With Anterior Shoulder Instability Michael J. O’Brien, M.D., FAANA
- And more!
- Bridge the Gap: Interposition Techniques That Work for Massive Rotator Cuff Tears Mark H. Getelman, M.D., FAANA
- Superior Capsule Reconstruction Can Get You There! My Lessons Learned John M. Tokish, M.D., FAANA
- And more!
- Cut It Out: Primary Biceps Tenodesis for SLAP Tears in Throwing Athletes Anthony A. Romeo, M.D.
- Capitellar OCD: My Tips for Success With Retrograde Drilling & Cartilage Repair Paul E. Caldwell, M.D., FAANA
- And more
- Call To Arms: An Update on Health Care Reform & Advocacy Louis F. McIntyre, M.D., FAANA
- Leadership: Where We Are Now and Where Will We Be in Five Years Brian J. Cole, M.D., M.B.A., FAANA and William N. Levine, M.D.
- And more!
Neer and Morrey Award Submissions
The ASES & ASESF New National Office!
Please update your records with our new address and staff contact information.
Danielle Rejowski, Education and Meetings Coordinator: email@example.com
ASES Diversity Initiatives with Nth Dimension
We are thrilled to announce the two ASES host/mentor programs for our partnership with the Nth Dimension. Drs. Ron Navarro and Ivan Garcia will be hosting at Kaiser-Permanente in Los Angeles and Dr. Eric Gordon will be hosting at Emory University in Atlanta.
We are so proud of our membership to have had such a tremendous response and interest to serve as mentors. We had over twenty-five ASES members apply which was beyond our expectation for our first year. The students were placed primarily based on location. I would encourage interested members to reapply in the coming years as we continue to provide opportunities for students from underrepresented backgrounds.
ASES 2021 Resident Course
Registration is Open!
JSES: Reviews, Reports & Techniques
First Issue Now Online and Free to Read
- Review article: Biologics in shoulder and elbow pathology
- Treatment of olecranon fractures using an intramedullary cancellous screw and suture tension band” minimum 2-year follow up
- Skinny wire and locking plate fixation for comminuted intra-articular distal humerus fractures: a technical track and care series
Shoulder and Elbow Career Opportunities
Celebrate Ernest Amory Codman, MD and Help Support the ASES Foundation
ASES Podcast – Episode #32
In this episode of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Podcast, hosts Dr. Rachel Frank and Dr. Peter Chalmers conduct a roundtable discussion on how to manage glenohumeral instability with glenoid bone with Dr. Ivan Wong, Dr. Ruth Delaney and Dr. Giovanni DiGiacomo.