The goal of the Mark Frankle, MD Award is to foster knowledge acquisition and leadership development in the realm of health care policy and political advocacy in order to optimize the delivery, safety, and outcomes of the highest quality of shoulder and elbow care for our patients.
- Applicant must be an ASES member in good standing
- Award applications will be reviewed based upon:
- Willingness to lead ASES in areas of access to health care in communities
- Desire to improve ASES’ knowledge of the delivery of care
- Two (2) awardees will be selected in March
- Fellowship in AAOS Washington DC office (up to 14 days, non-consecutive optional)
- $12,500 for fellowship expenses
- Opportunity to present findings at the ASES Annual Meeting in October
- Exposure to Health Policy including Capitol Hill visits, AAOS Office of Government Relations, AAOS National Orthopaedic Conference (NOLC), AAOS Board of Specialty Societies (BOS) and Board of Councilors (BOC) Session
- Participation with the ASES Political Advocacy Committee
- Two (2) ASES Representatives
- Selection of applicants will be based on a willingness to lead ASES in areas of health care policy with a focus on advocating for improved access to high quality shoulder and elbow healthcare.
- Applicants will also promote and advance the membership’s understanding of the importance of health care policy for our patients through presentations at the ASES Annual Meeting focusing on their efforts and accomplishments through the fellowship.
The application deadline for this award is Friday, August 25th, 2023.