This prestigious award provides selected ASES fellows with unprecedented involvement in federal and state legislative policy as it impacts ASES members’ ability to provide care. Dr. Mark Frankle founded this award to foster a new generation of orthopaedic advocacy leaders.
The goal of the Mark Frankle, MD Award is to improve healthcare legislation through:
- Measuring advocacy effectiveness
- Identifying key legislative areas that advance shoulder and elbow patient care
- Applicants must be Fellow/ Candidate/Associate members in good standing
- Award applications will be reviewed based upon:
- Willingness to lead ASES in areas of healthcare policy
- Desire to improve ASES’ knowledge of the legislative process
- Two (2) awardees will be selected in March 2020
- Fellowship in AAOS Washington DC office (up to 14 days, non-consecutive optional)
- $12,500 for fellowship expenses
- Opportunity to present findings at the annual ASES meeting in October 2020 in NYC
- Exposure to Health Policy including Capitol Hill visits, AAOS Office of Government Relations, AAOS National Orthopaedic Conference (NOLC), AAOS Board of Specialty Societies (BOS) and Board of Councilors (BOC) Session
- Participation with the ASES Political Advocacy Committee
- Two (2) ASES Representatives (Residents approved for Shoulder & Elbow Fellowship/Fellow/Candidate/Associate Members in good standing)
- Selection of applicants will be based on a willingness to lead ASES in areas of health care policy by improving the society’s knowledge through presenting during the ASES Annual Meeting detailing what they were able to accomplish.
The application window for 2020 has now closed.