Persons who would otherwise be considered for Active or Affiliate Membership, but who reside and practice medicine outside the United States or Canada, shall be eligible to become Corresponding Members. If applicable, a Corresponding Member shall also be a member of the major specialty society established in the Corresponding Member’s home country. Traveling Fellows from outside US will be eligible for Corresponding membership.
Criteria for Membership:
Recommended, but not required.
- Substantial Portion of Clinical Practice involves Shoulder and Elbow;
- Completed a fellowship in Shoulder Surgery, Elbow Surgery, Hand Surgery, and/or Sports Medicine;
- Peer-reviewed publication on Shoulder/Elbow topic published within the last ten (10) years (JSES, JBJS, CORR, AJSM, Arthroscopy, JArthroplasty, JOR, JAAOS);
- Journal Review Articles, Case Reports, or Chapters on a Shoulder or Elbow topic published within the last ten (10) years;
- Regional Expert as evidenced by teaching or speaking at state/provincial, national, or international courses within the last ten (10) years;
- Paper presented at regional, national, or international courses within the last five (5) years;
- Committee Member of National Shoulder/Elbow Society;
- Editorial Reviewer for JSES or other National/Regional Shoulder Journal;
- Attendance at ASES Open Meeting/Specialty Day (during AAOS Annual Meeting) within the last ten (10) years;
- Other Considerations: Attributes that would be helpful for consideration, includes but not limited to: traveling fellowships, awards related to shoulder and elbow surgery, fellowship director, residency director, department chair, shoulder and elbow expert in underrepresented area.