The Exchange (Traveling) Fellowship Program was established in 1993. The goals of this program are:
- To provide maximum exposure to the major shoulder and elbow centers in the US and Europe
- To facilitate learning and best clinical practices in shoulder and elbow patient care
- To enhance surgical skills and competencies among international surgeons
ASES 2023 Exchange Fellowship Program
The three to four week European exchange fellowship will begin in the fall of 2023. Applicants must be no more than 10 years out of their fellowship as of December 31, 2022, practicing in the United States or Canada, board eligible or certified orthopaedic surgeons with a special interest and experience in shoulder and elbow research and patient care. The application deadline is November 30th, 2022.
2023 Traveling Fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Eligibility for an ASES Research Grant.
- All travel and hotel expenses will be covered and fellows will receive a small stipend after travel has been completed.
- After your traveling fellowship is complete, submit a testimonial to the ASES office which will be included on the ASES website as well as communicated through the monthly newsletter to members.
Please contact the ASES office at email@example.com or at (847) 698-1629 with any questions.
Traveling Fellows by Year
- 2019 Michael T. Freehill, MD & Uma Srikumaran, MD
- 2017 Grant E. Garrigues, MD & Anshuman Singh, MD
- 2015 Bassem T. Elhassan, MD & Thomas (Quin) Throckmorton, MD
- 2013 Robert Z. Tashjian, MD & Ryan T. Bicknell, MD
- 2011 Jay D. Keener, MD & George S. Athwal, MD, FRCSC
- 2009 Joseph A. Abboud, MD & April D. Armstrong, MD
- 2007 Leesa M. Galatz, MD & John W. Sperling, MD, MBA
- 2005 Scott P. Steinmann, MD & Sumant G. Krishnan, MD
- 2003 Patrick St. Pierre, MD & William N. Levine, MD
- 2001 Edward G. McFarland, MD & Michael L. Pearl, MD
- 1999 Steve A. Petersen, MD & Shawn W. O’Driscoll, PhD, MD
- 1997 Gerald R. Williams, Jr., MD & Roger G. Pollock, MD
- 1995 Michael A. Wirth, MD & Douglas T. Harryman, II, MD
- 1993 Evan L. Flatow, MD & Jon J.P. Warner, MD
SECEC/ESSSE-USA Travelling Fellowship
In years alternating with the ASES European Exchange (Traveling) Fellowship, ASES members are pleased to host two SECEC/ESSSE members for a 5-6 week tour of shoulder centers across the United States.