Resident Research Award
To recognize excellence in basic science or clinical science domains, the ASES decided to offer an annual award for residents. Residents will be recognized annually at ASES Specialty Day during the AAOS Annual Meeting.
The top-graded manuscripts will be selected by the Research Committee each year. ASES will require a cover letter acknowledging the submission, names of the co-authors and senior mentor of the research, as well as the name of the residency program director. The work must be original, performed primarily by the resident who will still be a resident at the time of the ASES Specialty Day. In addition, a letter of support from the residency program director will accompany the submission. Resident Research Award recipients will have protected time to attend and present the work during the ASES Open Meeting at AAOS Specialty Day. A certificate and an honorarium will be presented to each recipient
To be considered for this award, you must submit an abstract during the ASES 2019 Call for Abstracts. This Call for Abstracts closed on Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
Please see the criteria below that must be met in order to be considered.
- The work must be original and performed primarily by the resident;
- The resident must still be a resident at the time of the ASES 2020 Open Meeting/Specialty Day at the AAOS Specialty Day;
- If your paper is nominated for consideration for this award, you must submit a manuscript to the ASES office for review by the ASES Research Committee. This manuscript must be written primarily by the resident;
- The resident must be the manuscript first author;
- Should you receive the award, the resident must present the work during the ASES 2020 Open Meeting/Specialty Day at the AAOS Specialty Day;
- Should you receive the award, you must submit the full manuscript for first right of refusal for publication in the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (JSES).