Applicants must be an accepted osteopathic or allopathic Fellow in an ASES recognized shoulder/elbow fellowship OR a shoulder & elbow, sports, arthroscopy, or hand fellowship in a program in which one of the faculty is an Active ASES member.
- No formal nomination is required
- Applicants must list fellowship director in application (or ASES faculty member, if fellowship director is not an ASES member)
- ASES Application
- Personal Statement
- Shoulder and Elbow CV (no points required)
- Applicants are eligible to apply for Fellow Membership once an applicant is matched with their fellowship program.
- Once accepted, Fellow Membership will begin in July following application approval
- E.g., if an applicant matches for fellowship in their 4th year of residency and applies for Fellow Membership in this window, their membership will begin in July of their 5th year of residency
- E.g., if an applicant matches for fellowship in their 4th year of residency but does not apply for Fellow Membership until the fall of their 5th year of residency, their membership will begin in July just before starting their fellowship year
- Following the completion of their fellowship, all Fellow Members will be notified of the ability to apply for Candidate Membership. Notifications are typically sent in the fall following completion of the fellowship.
- If a Fellow Member applies for Candidate Membership, their Fellow Member status will remain active until the Candidate Membership review process is completed
- If approved, the applicant will advance to Candidate Member
- If denied, the Fellow Membership would be terminated at that time
- If a Fellow Member does not apply for Candidate Membership, Fellow Membership will terminate at the end of the calendar year in which their fellowship ends
- I.e., Fellow Members who complete their fellowship in July of any given year and do not apply for Candidate Membership, will have their membership terminate at the end of December of that calendar year
Fellow members that graduate from an ASES Recognized Fellowship program will automatically become a Candidate member without the need for an application and review.